About 7 months ago I got hired by a company I did not know much at the time, but I learned to love and consider my second home. The name of the company is Steelcase, it was founded in Grand Rapids, Michigan, US in 1912, and they just opened a Global Business Center in Cluj-Napoca. Since November 2011, the GBC grew quickly from 0 to 50 employees in a heart beat, but we still have several positions open before reaching the desired critical mass that will allow us to become the excellence center we desire to be for our colleagues all around the world, in various fields like Finance, IT, Application support, Web Application Development etc.
Steelcase is one of the world’s leaders in office furniture manufacturing and currently develops products related to interior architecture, furniture and technology. As I said above, we just turned 100 years old in 2012, so we have lots and lots of celebrations going around all year long, celebrations you can read about on http://100.steelcase.com.
I’ve personally met people working in this company for decades, (as long as 20 or 30 years) both in North America and Europe, so that, added to our considerable corporate experience gained in the past 100 years should make a very good indicator about the type of company we are. I am going to repeat this article over the following weeks with different job descriptions, so stay tuned!
Today, I’m going to present you the Job Description for the two IT Service Desk Analyst positions we have open:
GBC Cluj-Napoca / Steelcase IT – Service-Desk Analyst EN/FR or EN/DE
Location : Cluj-Napoca (RO) (local contract)
Languages : Fluency in English and French or English and German is a must
- Respond to requests for technical assistance using a phone or electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect issues to appropriate solution groups if necessary
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention (Major Incidents)
- Track and route incidents and requests
- Document resolutions in knowledge base (Incident Management by exception)
- Stay current with the company’s IT systems changes and updates
- IT or Technical University degree or student
- Fluency in English plus French or German
- Strong Windows OS and MS Office skills
- Problem solving skills
- High motivation, flexibility and productivity
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
If this sounds like something you can do, or one of your friends can do, drop me an e-mail [ marius @ perijoc . com ], post a comment on this post, or find a way to contact me, and I’ll be happy to have a chat with you and explain in more detail what this is all about.
* This article was in no way sponsored or requested by Steelcase, or it’s subsidiaries, and was written by my own volition 😉