And if we had SysAdmin day, programmer’s day, lover’s day, mother’s day, father’s day, groundhog’s day and so on, why not have a “Talk like a pirate day” ?
Back in 1995 John Baur (Ol’ Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap’n Slappy) invented this day, and slowly it gained coverage in the media and in “local folklore” so why not?!
They have a nice written page on wikipedia here, and of course they have their own homepage, the official “Talk Like A Pirate Day” webpage, here.
I couldn’t help laughing at the pirate slang, the how to’s, pirate name generator, bloody t-shirts and above all the Top 10 pirate pickup lines:
For the guys
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How’d you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlinâ€™, Iâ€™m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is â€¦
1. Prepare to be boarded.
And of course for the yer darlins’ ladies:
10. What are YOU doing here?
9. Is that a belayin’ pin in yer britches, or are ye … (this one is never completed)
8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, “Cap’n Feathersword?”
6. That’s quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I’ve had a twenty percent decrease in me “lice ratio!”
4. I’ve crushed seventeen men’s skulls between me thighs!
3. C’mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
2. RAMMING SPEED!
…and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:
1. You. Pants Off. Now!
ce sa mai zic decat: FOARTE PIRAT FRATE!
Take care now mates! Yarrrr!
Other links from wikipedia: