Deci o reclama geniala vazuta azinoapte la birou. Enjoy.
I used to play for a few months TribalWars then it got boring, no action no nothing I left my account in sitting with a bunch o villages maxed out, and while I was gone, a long expected war happened, I lost my villages, and I started fresh, on a new continent, with new neighbors (or farms, however you wish to call them) and a tribe in need of leadership. Considering this is the “fun” growing part, not so much time lost at this moment, I guess I’ll start playing again for a while, until I grow a bit, and until it will take more time than I can afford to spend on it, or maybe I’ll just go to the end of that world. All this happened in tribalwars.net on world7. Now I play on two worlds world7 and world13 – which is just beginning slowly, so you might be interested to join us, if so, use this link.
One of my tribe mates in world7, found a great defensive guide, which makes perfect sense, and I invite you to read it if you are a TW player. If you are not, just skip 🙂
Well, Penn and Teller give it up again with a 12 minutes clip about bottled water. Of course, they are talking about US bottled water, like “Eau du’ Robinet” or “Aqua di culo” but don’t let me spoil it for you… enjoy!
Well, I believe we all have our habits on the web. And by habits, I mean things we do, tools we use, things we laugh at.
I spend most of my day online, due to my line of work and thus I use lots of sites and tools offered by these sites. Also, everyday I get spammed with lots of crap by mail or instant messenger, so I decided to compile a list of sites I visit. Because of the quantit, i decided to add a maximum of 10 links for each category.
- Work related:
- One of the primary sites I use everyday, not only for work but for personal use is of course Google: http://www.google.com; Included in this package Gmail, google maps, picasaweb, google reader etc.
- http://www.dnsstuff.com offers some great tools for SysAdmins like myself.
- http://whatsmyip.org does exactly what it says in the name.
- http://www.swsoft.com are the developers of Plesk, Virtuozzo, HSPcomplete, Pleask Expand and so on, not-free virtualization software used on many of the servers I administrate, with an incredible amount of information on their forums regarding this software.
- http://debianadmin.com contains lots of articles related to Debian and Ubuntu, the Linux distributions I mainly use.
- http://tldp.org The Linux Documentation Project – I think the title covers it… 🙂
- http://www.mxtoolbox.com has some nice tools for Mail Exchanger testing and lookup.
- http://sourceforge.net is a an incredible source for open source scripts and software, used by developers worldwide to promote their work.
- http://www.w3.org the World Wide Web consortium portal. HTML/XML/CSS documentation and tutorials.
- http://php.net PHP documentation.
- News I use/trust:
- http://slashdot.org News for nerds, Stuff that matters. Their description is quite obvious.
- http://freshmeat.net maintains the Web’s largest index of Unix and cross-platform software.
- http://www.engadget.com great content, covers most of the IT spectrum, and sometimes they screw it up. badly, but nonetheless great source of information.
- http://cnn.com news around the world.
- http://news.google.com more news.
- http://digg.com When normal users make the news, the rest of decide what’s important. Do you digg?
- http://wifinetnews.com WiFi networking news.
- http://www.wi-fiplanet.com WiFi news again.
- http://hotnews.ro Romanian news portal.
- http://www.linuxtoday.com Linux News.
- Blogs I read and write for:
- http://www.wirelessisfun.com I am one of the co-founders and main editors of WiF.
- http://marius.wirelessisfun.com this blog you are reading now.
- http://clujblogroll.com Cluj-Napoca bloggers community
- http://andreicrivat.ro Andrei Crivat, politics, journalism, food etc.
- http://fenomental.com Alex Bejan with lots of different subjects.
- http://lucianboariu.wordpress.com Radio DJ, cool guy.
- http://andressa.ro Andress, care scriu pentru ratoni, veverite, pisici si pentru ca ii place.
- http://mirandolina.wordpress.com Fana, good friend, airplane addict.
- http://jeg.stuffo.info Darius… you need to read it to understand it…
- http://litics.blogspot.com Marius writes a Reverse journal. With stuff that will happen…
- Fun & Games: (I spend my spare moments on these sites. Some daily, some not so often)
- http://www.tribalwars.net An online game I’ve been playing for the last 3 months or so.
- http://wulffmorgenthaler.com Daily comics…
- http://pidjin.net Fredo & Pidjin the evil pigeons.
- http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org oh yeah baby… right after scientology, Googlism is here, with the true goddess… GOOGLE…
- http://elgoog.rb-hosting.de/index.cgi GOOGLE | ELGOOG
- http://www.blogshares.com 🙂
- http://www.deviantart.com Lots of artists, and wannabes… cool stuff usually.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google’s_hoaxes Every April 1st, Google plays some jokes on us. Here is an inventory of those jokes.
- http://bash.org lots of funny quotes.
- http://www.muonline.com My favourite MMORPG. I played for a few years, now I’m not addicted anymore!
- Interesting stuff: (curiosity)
- http://wikipedia.org You do know Wikipedia… right!?
- http://howstuffworks.com Amazing amount of information about almost everything.
- http://thinkgeek.com laser beams? binary clocks? they have it!
- http://uncyclopedia.org The funny side of Wikipedia.
- http://www.imdb.com I like to watch movies. This is where I get my ratings and reviews for them.
- http://www.tv.com More than movies, I like TV series. This is where I look them up.
- http://digitalblasphemy.com Surreal images, wallpapers, drawings and so on.
- http://babelfish.altavista.com Online translator.
- Crap, more crap, and the rest of the crap (Tings I got by mail and Instant Messenger lately)
And of course, now I got bored, and I’m leaving the list open… Do you want me to add some stuff here? post a comment.